Thursday, June 11, 2015

MicroArt



"What the...?"  I can hear you say, either out loud or in your mind-thoughts.

Meet Mr. Mosquito Larvae (aka baby Culiseta longiareolata), magnified (4/0.10 160/0.17 lens) on my microscope.  Yes, I have a microscope.  Doesn't everyone?

I've blended my love for biology with photography and created a bizarrely beautiful finished image.  This was painstakingly pieced together by me with over 30 images.

Here is my first MicroArt of an ant.  Poor guy.

I find at first glance the mosquito larvae kind of looks like a fish fossil.  What do you think?

I think I may have to print these out and frame them.  Although, I'd like to do one more, but I'm not sure what.  A spider would be very cool, but also a bit scary to work on.  I'll have to give that some thought!

Hmmm, looks like I may have to give the old 'scope a good cleaning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment